@vulcarum Yes, gypsies have that reputation, but you'll find...

1. 18,405 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    @vulcarum Yes, gypsies have that reputation, but you'll find nowadays, fraudsters of all kinds are everywhere, at home behind computer screens, in suits manipulating companies, shares, running fake companies, launched as 'explorers' - yes, some are bona fide, but many explore for the gold in 'investors' pockets'. Gypsies, in the West, still stick to their 'roving' lifestyle but have comfortable caravans and are semi-residential - their children often go to school.

I still remember this stunning red-haired gypsie girl at a second-hand market in Europe, selling antiques - she made a roaring trade simply because of her looks. I even asked her her name, have forgotten now.
    I think the gypsy way of life offered an alternative to people who nowadays simply 'drop out' and live their lives in depression.
    In Western Europe gypsies had a reputation for stealing, mostly food and small livestock (chickens), but they often were peddlers who went from door to door selling small household implements they made themselves - they had cottage industries for sieves, wooden spoons, anything made from wood and easy to carry - and also for repairing pots, sharpening knives, but also begging, of course. Their musicians entertained the village people on fair grounds during public (then 'church') holidays. Their musicianship became an important part of much of Eastern Europe's musical traditions.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.