@watso you realise you have a great gourmet rival on here?? his...

1. 17,882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @watso you realise you have a great gourmet rival on here?? his name is @NoBoDe - he can tell you about eclectic food mixes.

I am not so omnivorous - purchase pears, but eat them raw, unpeeled but cut into pieces, 1 or 2 per day - also mandarins, but they go into my breakfast drink - used to eat a self-mixed muesli for breakfast, but now have purchased diet 'dust' - comes in sachets and gets put with water into a blender, plus some frozen berries from ALDI as well as a cut-up mandarin with the peel. Great breakfast - digests very quietly and fills me up for 3 - 4 hours. I love coffee, the real coffee - have 2-3 per day, probably shouldn't, but what the heck!
    If I feel i want to lash out, i will also put 2 dollops of ice-cream into the morning mix.

Lately i am eating a lot of vegetables as well as fruit, as I had some bad kidney readings after my 2 1/2 year nightly indulgence . . .
    New test this Monday!
    But I felt the good effect almost immediately when I went on this new diet (since June)very little alcohol, if possible none - not possible for me, am a social critter and share the odd drink with friends)
    also try and cut down on flour products - mustn't eat canned beans, - should
    drink lots of water and
    eat:
    salmon
    beef
    and other meats and fish in small amounts daily,
    am allowed lentils, but have to be careful with beans.
    I do spend money on good food, but have found ALDI have some surprising goods, don't like their 'Berg' stuff - despite the European name, the meats and 'charcuterie' are nothing like the original. They do have a nice Gorgonzola and some other cheap imported cheeses, Gouda is my favorite. I even mince my own Bolognaise sauce meat, buy my meat at Coles, grass-fed etc.

When I have finished all the practical work round here, I will make my own bread again - with sour dough and matured over 3 days . . . it is delicious and keeps well, never goes moldy.
    You do eat some strange food, @watso - one shouldn't economise on food, if there is a need to do that, home-cooking is the answer and eating small portions . . .

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.