@watso - muesli - I used to eat it raw - will go back to this...

1. 17,882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @watso - muesli - I used to eat it raw - will go back to this after my health kick - I used to mix the raw oats with freshly-ground flax seeds, various nuts - and good quality milk (AS2) poured over - and some fresh berries - even half a banana - great breakfast and keeps you sated for a long time - digesting raw food takes longer than digesting cooked food . . . hence a good slimming method. Now I do the sachets, ((Lady-something) but only 1 for breakfast.
    I have had to change my diet due to high (3!)kidney readings, caused by 2 3/4 years or so of drinking at nights (no more than 2 glasses); it affected my kidneys and my energy levels were shot, again due to kidneys not functioning properly - also slept badly. All gone now, will have another test next week. we shall see!

Oats, when bought 'pure' are so much cheaper than the ones bought as 'product' etc. - will probably go back to that style of eating but one needs to check the price and look out for the 'pure oats' because they are always hidden on the bottom shelf, so that one grabs the more expensive item.
    I have decided to no longer worry about politics, especially not on HC, as there is so much change happening, one cannot keep up. The world has always been a dangerous place, and with more people about, more people competing for less, it will be more dangerous still.

We are simply an angry, competitive species, no matter who and where we are, no matter what life experiences should have taught us otherwise . . .

HotCopper is a fabulous resource with regard to shares - I do own a small portfolio and I am learning so much by checking the share threads and particular posters, will try and stick to that in future.
    I have only once been to Kakulas bros, but I/we used to live in the Scarborough area, and there were plenty of Italian veggie stores as well as Italian grocers. My favorite haunt - even nowadays at times - is Re-Store in Leederville - used to be so familiar, one of the salesmen used to address my husband as 'boss' - this guy is also retired now . . . long time ago - and there is a cute 'Slavic' shopping center in Harrison Street, Balcatta (?) but last year it lost its butcher shop (Adriatic Butcher's), which was the main attraction for me - there is still a nice grocery store there, who sell freshly-roasted coffee beans and a large range of imported specialties - probably have sunflower seeds too - will get a packet when I am there next, they are really good for you!!! - as well as a bakery.

I won't be drawn on the Ukraine, have lost a 'real' friend over this in 'real life' . . . but have already made excuses for him.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.