@kingpins - I discovered my taste for "Aussie" foods at a pub...

1. 17,959 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    @kingpins - I discovered my taste for "Aussie" foods at a pub here in Perth, which I do not now remember - had a drunken boyfriend then, who took me there - and later did not disclose the name (or didn't remember) and we had the most amazing toasted steak sandwich. Generally take-away food is horrible, unless you live in one of the better suburbs - I usually go for 'Italian' when eating out - used to have a good Thai restaurant here in Perth, which has gone all cheap and touristy . . . but: see below!
    Nowadays I am more into vegetables and some Asian recipes (made Tai soup last night, mix of veggies, meat or seafood and vegetables and fresh coriander - and use up your fresh coriander in one or two days, otherwise it goes off in the most smelly way . . . ).
    Just saw 'Chuck's' name - I recall he has died some time ago - I actually met him in 2018 when I was in Canberra - kindly man, had major health issues (childhood polio which was finally taking its toll) - he had had an aunt in Vienna in a street I knew well - we hit it off right away. Nice man!

I have an utter distaste for those gross competitions of 'eat-as-much-as-you-can' - when there are still millions of malnourished humans around - simply put; it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth, and definitely in theirs - retribution is swift - eventually their vital body organs will be wrecked.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.