FPR 2.24% $3.49 fleetpartners group limited

Eclipx keeping this quiet, page-19

1. 3,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 926
    The issue isn’t what it’s worth for SGF ... but what they can afford to pay for it when it appears that their controlling shareholder wants to keep a 51%+ controlling interest.

Rough calc:
    - controlling interest currently 56.8%
    - can only issue ~10.2% more shares in SGF to ECX shareholders whilst maintaining controlling interest at 51%.
    - 10.2% is only worth $100M at SGF price of $3.80 ... yet at $2.53 market cap of ECX is $800M
    - Therefore, if SGF maintains its current controlling shareholder interest at 51% and doesn’t raise capital from its controlling interest ... they’ll have to borrow $700M to pay ECX shareholders AND take on all ECX debt.
    - SGP currently has a market cap of just $980M, only $690M of assets offset by $440M of liabilities ... so finding $700M cash is a huge ask.

Under the the current indicative offer, I think SGF would find financing difficult. To sweeten the deal they’ll need their controlling shareholder on board to either ...
    - Lend them the cash
    - Agree and participate in a capital raising, or
    - Agree to have their share diluted below 51%

Without this, SGF could potentially
    - Manage to raise a huge amount of debt themselves or
    - Sell off some parts of ECX to others (as per my suggestion re Grays)

How do you think SGF would fund a much higher offer? One of these options? Another option?

MMS or another large player with a stronger balance sheet than SGF seems more likely to me. However, I think its most likely that ECX just continues operating and growing its business and eventually the SP reflects its value (IMO $3 to $3.50 currently).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FPR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.