CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

EcoDesign Directove

1. 2,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Well, I had largely held on to CFU this year due to EcoDesign directive in the EU and the opportunity it presented to CFCL.

For those that were not aware it essentially means that traditonal boilers can no longer he installed in homes after 2015. So the large opportunity is that the millions of replacement boilers that are installed annually now need to be more effecient.

It would only take a small 5-10% of those gas-condensing boilers to be mCHP Boilers and being on the front line with mature devices; CFCL despite their precarious levels of funding were in pretty good chape to capitalise on a market swing in the EU

But, since it is now October 2014 and production ramp up, commercial developments take time my hope that CFCL may have landed something with Ideal, De Dietrich or Bruns is fading.

As almost 80% of the boiler market is for replacement units I really had hoped those rather sexier dark grey boxes that Ideal have developed with CFCL using Eon funding would have been better promoted by now.

As it stands now we still need to do the bulk of the heavy lifting with BlueGen rather than an appliance partner taking Gennex units off us in volume.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.