AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

economic crisis & stock correlation

1. 38 Posts.
    In times of economic uncertainty and the European crisis, it should be of no surprise to shareholders that 'speculative' stocks in this environment are susceptible to panic selling and risk aversion, no matter the potential and future prosperity. Few have an appetite for risk required to endure a speculative stock in stable global economic times, hence the lack of buying and subsequent SP fall in pessimistic conditions.
    The proof is illustrated in recent trading of 'blue chip' companies such as Woolworths and Telstra, rising substantially over the last few days as the euro-crisis debacle attracts publicity once again.
    Coinciding with the intensifying of the European dilemma and global response, here in Australia, a lowering of the RBA cash rate to 3.75% earlier this month resulted in companies such as Telstra (for dividend purposes & resultant buying reflecting capital growth) gaining since.
    My point is no matter the potential of a quality 'small cap' company such as AVB, the majority cannot hold 'speculative' stocks in these global financial conditions. An appetite for income producing stocks is preferred. Consequently, only improved economic conditions and/or a significant announcement will provide impetus and reverse the 'over selling' currently visible. I for one am concerned by the sudden sharp SP falls, but until you sell you have not lost on your investment. There is no such thing as easy money, patience will overcome the short term pain. Ride out the storm AVBers! Our luck will turn, it has to.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.