PEN 4.55% 11.5¢ peninsula energy limited

economic recoverable uranium, page-20

1. 13,363 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    ISL/ISR ...one of the same?

The industry has (seemingly) now broken away from that view. In-Situ Leach (ISL) and In-Situ Recovery (ISR) are (in the USA and Canada at least) regarded as two different processes.

I have had this discussion quite a few times with Gus now, as earlier in my readings (prior to 2009) of these aspects I to believed that to be the case. ISR is the process of using a benign solution and the one used in Wyoming and is referred to by PEN.

Gus just last week mentioned this to me again in comparing other companies. He made it clear that PEN is being recognised from industry peers as being conservative in terms of estimating and accurate in the use of terminology. They certainly fit my own findings.

ISL is often now used to describe the same process but using an acid solution, not a bi-carbonate solution. Not all resources are suited to ISR and that is why they use the acid leach process.

ISL is now also (wrongly or rightly) being used to refer to the 'heap leach' process, which does involve conventional mining methods to excavate the resource.

Yes ISR is a widely misrepresented and misunderstood process. Maybe time the industry set fixed standards and terminology world wide.

Gazzat in part, as it refers to that paragraph, I accept your point.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.