Economy tanking under Labor, page-149

1. 84,878 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Housing is a key in all of this -

''Albanese has already laid the groundwork by announcing the need for universities to build more accommodation for students. ''

Albanese's problem and whoever else is in charge has the same problem -

they can have all this intention - genuine or politically motivated - they can allocate money for more houses or accommodation - and it won't make a bean of difference because the question is -

how??

who is going to build? - there isn't anyone. That's it in a nutshell.

Only a few years back - Shorten approached Morrison and asked if they could both put together a set of working principles for immigration for Oz - something that umbrellaed over politics that they both could agree to and both would stick by

Morrison said that he wasn't interested and that he didn't think immigration was a problem.

Well - let's forget how that one is working out ---------- but, let's go with Shorten's concept --

And Dudd - MIGHT BE one of the few chances to make it work - Dudd has got one thing that most lack - he will listen and he's shown a preparedness to cooperate with the enemy

So - if Albanese and Dudd could come to a bipartisan agreement on just 2 things --

the need to put housing and accommodation on a national war footing ------------ AND an overall agreement that Oz needs a good solid highly educated population - without it - we're going nowhere

if they could just draw up a set of principles AND do their politicking under those principles -

so, instead of this totally shit idea of a cut cut cut race to the bottom - we might end up with election campaigning which centred around that we are going to do more more more

my god - what a fresh breeze that would be

personally I think that both Albo and Dudd could be up for it -----

I haven't seen a potential team like it in a long time ------------- they could agree on some things that are just plain good for the country - and agree to fight under those principles and ideas - then go out and try to outdo each other in their wrestles to the death

without such a thing - I think we are just accelerating down the road to oblivion
    Last edited by pintohoo: 07/06/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.