XJO 0.88% 7,959.3 s&p/asx 200

economy versus stockmarket correction, page-27

1. 2,306 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 67
    Kacy I don't judge what the economy may be doing by what the stockmarket does.

I am just trying to establish the facts. And that is from what I can see that home building has been in a major decline for the last year, whereas you claim it is "booming". I am trying to find the stats where it shows that home building is "booming". If you can even find some stats showing it is growing slowly that may be interesting. You also say home prices are firming whereas I thought they are actually in decline and in fact showing the worst growth the last year for a long long time, so would also like to see some facts showing a trend of house prices firming over there.

You may be correct in the future with your optimistic outlook, and I am not weighing in that debate at the moment. I am just thinking what hope have we got in predicting the future economic outlook if we can not understand the facts that are staring us in the face right now?

So in the U.S. is home building booming and house prices firming? If that is what is occurring now I would hate to see the carnage in a period of declining home building and house prices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.