LYC 1.60% $6.15 lynas rare earths limited

I was just browsing the Lynas website for unrelated material...

1. 1,267 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1916
    I was just browsing the Lynas website for unrelated material when I rediscovered the Lynas commitment to the EcoVadis initiative…

EcoVadis is a public agency which issues a rating to participating companies indicating performance relative to other participating companies. There are currently over 90,000 companies participating in EcoVadis, with that number quickly growing. The initiative defines four pillars of excellence including Environment, Labor & Human Rights, Ethics and Sustainable Procurement…

Why is this important to Lynas? RVR just forwarded an article describing the Chinese rare earth processing situation in China. The renegade Chinese process (illegal) is referred to as “insitu leaching”, a process where acid leaches the rare earth ore in place as opposed to a central cracking and leaching (C&L) such as the process in Kalgoorlie…

As a result, the Chinese government is cracking down on illegal and environmentally harmful rare earth mining operations but the illegal mining is very widespread and difficult to control. It will be interesting to see how the Chinese crackdown effects world supply as China provides the vast majority of processed rare earths used in the world today…

At the end of the day, Lynas is a company committed to excellence, illustrated by the early adoption of the EcoVadis initiative. Also, the four EcoVadis pillars of excellence truly guide Lynas to be a company, actively committed to the resolution of environmental and social issues…

Often overlooked are the strong foundations of Lynas as a company. Lynas is leading the pack in environmentally and sustainable rare earth processing and Amanda continues to forge ahead with a well executed business plan. It will be interesting to see just how effective a Chinese government crackdown will be, but it is nice to know that even under the hood, Lynas has it all together… JMHO…

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.15
Change
-0.100(1.60%)
Mkt cap ! $5.748B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.23 $6.24 $6.13 $18.60M 3.011M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 21239 $6.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.16 9771 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.16
  Change
-0.100 ( 1.94 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.24 $6.24 $6.13 894887
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.