ECT 16.7% 0.4¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

Dear Ect Rep, Just three quick questions with a bit of...

1. 4,996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 396
    Dear Ect Rep,

Just three quick questions with a bit of background information to orient readers thoughts on the current situation.

Background:
    Some members of the forum (well one in particular) are of the opinion that the proverbial door to a deal with NMDC is ajar allowing for a future opportunity to work with the Indian steel maker. This impression was formed by this member because there was no explicit pulling of the deal by NMDC. I understand that in this world anything is possible but this rationale reminds me of the film "Dumb and Dumber" in which Jim Carey's character Lloyd Christmas is rejected by the object of his infatuation. This rejection takes the form of the estimation of intimacy between the pair as being "one in a million" to which Lloyd Christmas replies "So you're saying there's a chance?"

Question: Could you please put to bed this notion for the benefit of the forum that NMDC's actions (those actions being what I understood to be complete radio silence) are the equivalent of saying "no deal"?

Background:
    In light of the failure of the three way Indian deal speculation has arisen regarding the ELF because of the unlikelihood of borrowers in the ELF to pay back the balance of their loans. This is because as I understood it this capital was to be used for the Indian deal.

Question: If borrowers are no longer interested in paying their balance of the scheme to retrieve their shares will many shares in escrow default to the company's ownership or will they be cancelled?

Background:
    The company recently posted a opinion piece on the ECT website stating that Hismelt was not a threat to ECT.

http://www.ectltd.com.au/hismelt-not-a-threat-to-matmor/

However, NMDC seems to be proceeding with this Hismelt plant (and planning has been going for some time)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagarnar_Steel_Plant and even though the company is a billion dollar entity financial resources are limited and it seems this kind of investment blows the company out of the water.

Question: Does the company still consider HiSmlet as to not be a threat to their matmor technology?
    Last edited by SatinTape: 23/07/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $11.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $419 127.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
53 19761726 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 12532403 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.43pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.