eddie and the bogan, page-39

1. 15,732 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 453
    oh, ok then. so why is that, jake, do we have a defective gene or something that says we can evolve away from plunder, rape and pillage but not bogan stupidity and bad manners?

a good friend of mine once got into a heated debate with a popular radio personality on the air about the fact that many of todays traffic accidents could be circumvented by simple acts of politeness. people actually took the time to ring in and call him an idiot, suggesting that he should get over it, it's human nature, etc.

is this really it? have we really reached the end of human evolution? is sophistication now over?

or is it just that some people are stunted by poor upbringing and will make any excuse for their own inability to grow?

i have gone to great lengths to make sure that all of my influences on youth, whether it be my children, the kids i coach, or juniors i have employed in the past, are all encouraged to be equitable and polite.

i am proud of the fact that none of them are arseholes.

should i have just succumbed to thousands of years of tribalism and let them wreak havoc on society?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.