Eddie to the rescue, page-232

1. 18,454 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 406

I’ve got children and they haven’t even been diagnosed with a mental illness

I teach mine to forgive, to understand, to rise above, to use humour … I teach them there are much bigger issues in the world and though it’s not a good thing to call someone a name it’s pretty trivial in the scheme of things but obviously to you it’s a big deal

where do you rate it if I was to give you a list of aboriginal issues then how much air time do you think it gets compared to these issues

Name calling
    Incarceration rates 10x national average
    Domestic violence 30x national average
    Children being removed from families 15 times national average
    Std such as syphilis and gonnoreah… there aren’t figures to compare this one with sorry
    Murder of aboriginal on aboriginal 8x national average
    Completion of school 1/4 national average
    Suicide rates

think that’s enough

Now tell me what deserves the most airtime, you better say name calling cause I’ve never seen you post on any of the other subjects
    Remember the persons kids being called a name were firstly behind a fence and secondly could be consider imo to be oppressed type group, he lives inner city, kids educated, no domestic violence issues, never been to prison. Was in too couple % wage earners, approx in too 5% wealth Australians

in fact I would argue being aboriginal has been of great benefit to him, far outweighing any problems he’s encountered which are all trivial

Go to a poor country, a racist country, a war torn country and tell people about this name calling and they will tell you that you’ve lost all perspective

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.