EDE 0.00% 0.2¢ eden innovations ltd

EdenPlast, page-6

1. 20,253 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1789
    This article below says it all IMHO, it is basically saying that the problems they had with EdenCrete and the dispersion is much the same as those associated with plastics!

http://www.springer.com/cda/content...403217-c2.pdf?SGWID=0-0-45-1431802-p175381714

The growth of different types of nanomaterials starting from nanoclays, cellulose
    nanowhiskers, carbon nanofibers, carbon nanotubes (CNTs), graphenes,
    nano-oxides like nanosilica, nanoalumina, titanium dioxide etc. has led to the
    development of composites with extremely attractive macroscopic properties–
    multifunctional in most circumstances depending on their inherent characteristics.
    Excellent electrical, thermal, mechanical, optical, fire-retardant, barrier, anti-bacterial and scratch resistant properties of these composites have been reported and the results are only getting better with time.
    The high surface to volume ratio of these fillers facilitates the attainment of desired macroscopic functionality at substantially lower filler loading fractions.

The biggest challenge with these nanofillers however has been with dispersing them in the host matrix to take advantage of their theoretical potential.

Thermoplastic Nanocomposites with Carbon Nanotubes

Carbon based nanomaterials are highly attractive due to their ability to transition an insulating polymer matrix to a conductive composite, in addition to the proven advantage in achieving excellent structural properties. CNTs stand out among the other carbon based fillers like carbon fibers or carbon nanofibers which require higher filler loading fractions to exhibit similar levels of electrical conductivity.
    Graphene tipped to be a strong competitor for the CNTs on the other
    hand is still in its infancy, and large production volumes of these materials is still challenging. CNT based polymer composites have been a significant area of research in the last couple of decades owing to CNTs high aspect ratios with nanometric dimensions, low mass density and intrinsically superior electrical [5– 8], mechanical [8–11], and thermal properties [8, 12, 13].
    Continuously lowering costs of CNTs, especially multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) with increase in demand and production capabilities augments favorably for a huge polymer-CNT anocomposite market.
    Interesting observations on MWCNT based composites have been plenty starting from different ways of MWCNT synthesis to its application in electromagnetic shielding (EMI) [14–17], sensors [18–20], electrostatic charge dissipation (ESD) [21], flame retardancy
    [22], wind turbine blades [23], photovoltaic packaging [24], electrically conducting cables [25] etc.
    The potential of CNTs as fillers for multifaceted product development in polymer matrices certainly tilts the tide in its favour compared to its competitors.
    Due to the renown challenge involved with dispersing the CNTs in thermoplastic matrices for good macroscopic properties of the composites, thermoplastic composites with CNTs (primarily MWCNTs) is the main focus of attention in this
    chapter.

When I look at the document properties it is telling me it was created today? Could that be right or am I fooling myself?

NB just something of interest -: Surprisingly automobile tires in which carbon
    black acts as a reinforcement is also an example of a nanocomposite.???

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EDE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.