PDN 1.71% $13.24 paladin energy ltd

Captain James Cook is a personal hero of mine. I've recently...

1. 315 Posts.
    Captain James Cook is a personal hero of mine. I've recently finished reading all of his journals from his voyages of discovery around the Pacific, Terra Australis and Antarctica (that's right, the madman even travelled to the friggen South Pole)

Anyway, on each of his journeys he brought along with him a collection of English farmyard animals - sheep, chickens, rabbits, etc. Most perished along the way (as did most of the sailers and crew lol) but a few survived, and when he reached a new destination he took these emaciated creatures off the ship and released them into the wild.

Many left leaning basket-weaver types today would be horrified to learn this, yet he honestly had the best of intentions. For example, when he arrived in NZ he saw their was not a single 4 legged beast anywhere on either of the islands. He released goats into the wild in the hopes they would multiply and provide the Maoris will a reliable source of sustainance from that day forward.

Of course Captain Cook is demonized by many today and breast-beating lefty elitists, viewing him from their own very narrow emotionally-laden perspective, see him as an uncaring oppressor of the weak and a spoiler of native environments.

These poor dumb fools don't understand that his heart was always in the right place. He was a benefactor to all those primitively natives. He eased their suffering and improved the quality of their lives!
    Last edited by Wyman Wells: 01/07/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.24
Change
-0.230(1.71%)
Mkt cap ! $3.951B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.66 $13.70 $13.24 $115.9M 8.727M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 60263 $13.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.29 42663 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.