BRN 2.94% 17.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Edge Impulse: Imagine, page-4

1. 740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2317
    Again this is my simple way of thinking.
    Brainchip is the fresh brain with enough (plus excess) neurons and synapses (most important) to do the AI functions it is supposed to do for the current time and near future. Therefore Brainchip provides the template for the brain.
    Edge Impulse will modify or utilize certain connections to train this brain to do certain "intelligent" functions. Therefore Edge Impulse provides the template for the "training" of this brain.
    Then comes ARM to provide all the wiring and skull ready for the particular device or system. Therefore ARM provides the template for the silicon architecture of the processor, the "body". Remember ARM holds the processor template for over 70% of mobile devices.
    ARM will then license it's IP to chip fabrication companies to make its processors eg, Qualcomm and even Apple for their own processors. Its relationship with Apple is interesting. Apple had cut ties with Intel in 2020 and is fully a chip fabrication company making their own processors. However it has to use ARM's IP regarding the silicon architecture. I'm sure Apple was planning to slowly move away from ARM as well since it has its own fabrication plant. Also it was probably planning to have AI functionality in its processors given that it is actively transitioning to AI like all the mega tech companies. However I think ARM's partnership with Brainchip is a very crucial strategic one for ARM to maintain their market base such as Apple, as technology moves into the AI space.
    Brainchip's partnership with Megachips is very similar. Megachips is like an ARM and Edge Impulse combined because they do both but they are notoriously secretive in what they do and who their clients are.
    So this is how the competition will be: you have the Intel, Samsung and IBM who do everything with some help from "training" companies like Edge Impulse or NVISO and then you have the likes of Brainchip/ARM/Edge Impulse as a collective, each having their own specialty.
    My opinion (and it's just my opinion so don't get your knickers in a knot) is that the way technology is moving and the way government regulation is moving, it is better for different aspects of AI technology to be owned by different companies to avoid world domination and monopoly by one company....ask Microsoft in 2000! Also the technology will progress more quickly and efficiently if each company concentrate on their specialty. Furthermore companies using AI technology, I think, will be more weary of having only one company like Intel, Samsung or IBM basically controlling the function and intelligence of their device or system.
    Now if you scramble through all the information out there, the combination of Brainchip and ARM currently will give any user the best "brain" and "body" for their edge AI endeavours and companies like Edge Impulse and NVISO will give it the best "training". This is a win win for all.
    Have fun trading Brainchip!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $343.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 18.5¢ 16.5¢ $1.865M 10.58M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 1001708 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 167790 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.