ALK 2.30% 44.5¢ alkane resources limited

The figure of $2.95 at current gold and copper prices sure is...

1. 1,625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 253
    The figure of $2.95 at current gold and copper prices sure is eyewatering, especially compared to the current share price as you point out Daubechies.

As we know, a significant proportion of gold production can be sold at spot and the predictions are for gold and copper (and silver) to remain near or above their current levels for the next few years. From then, its anyone's guess.

I think the most important other point was this: "In the meantime, in Alkane, invetors can buy a profitable,cash-generating company with the potential for near dilution-free development on a multiple of just US$21.25 per resource ounce (ie approximately the same as an explorer).

There are not many that that can be said about, especially in a tier one juridiction. As many international share guru's, eg Rick Rule, have said the market is yet to fully recognise the strengh of the current gold and silver cycle and, when it does, its off to the races. I recognise disappointment that Alk has not yet started racing, but that may mean that when it goes, it will move rapidly to catch up, as is the way with sleepers. That's my suspicion.

At current gold prices a fairly swift move to the .9 to $1.25 range does not seem unrealistic, what is more difficult is knowing whether it is this month, next month or next year. On 14 April 2022 we got to $1.27 (not its high when viewed over a longer period), and Alk is in a better position in terms of certainty of resource and gold prices. Let's hope that move is sooner not later!

GLTA.

Last edited by james99: 21/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.