editorial: the horror No Miles, I neither I nor our group...

1. 375 Posts.
    editorial: the horror No Miles, I neither I nor our group believes that Sharon is a monster.

Feb. 15, 2003
    US Christians launch pro-Israel network
    By ILAN CHAIM

The Evangelical Israel Broadcasting Network was launched last week in Nashville, Tennessee, with a stated mission "to guard, protect, and defend Eretz Yisrael and its people until the Messiah comes to Zion."

EIBN founder Mike Evans, a bridge builder between evangelicals in America and Israel for more than two decades, said, "EIBN will be a Christian alternative to the liberal, secular media's fundamentally biased news stories on Israel.

EIBN plans to provide not only news, but the newsmakers of the nation of Israel directly and uncensored to the Christian marketplace through the network."

An immediate goal will be the production of two-minute programs from Jerusalem for the stations in the network, which reach some 50 million listeners.

Another goal is to mobilize one million people to pray for divine intervention so that Saddam Hussein leaves Iraq, thus avoiding war.

Foreign Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Jerusalem Mayor Ehud Olmert expressed their wholehearted support for EIBN in satellite addresses to the Nashville event. Netanyahu lauded the launch, "especially when Israel is under attack, the United States is under attack, our common values are under attack with savagery that knows no bounds, neither in its hatred for us and our way of life, and also in its readiness to use the most heinous weapons of mass destruction.

"We have no greater supporters that our Christian friends in the United States; and that is why I welcome the launching of EIBN. Israel needs this support, because so many lies, so many slanders are in fact hurled at us, and the only way they can be fought is by opening up truth. Who better to reveal the truth, and hold up the torch of truth than our many Christian friends in the United States?"

Olmert also praised the launch, noting that "EIBN represents thousands of radio and television stations, satellite and cable networks that are carrying the word of God to over 50 million listeners in North America. Your listeners have repeatedly proven to be staunch supporters of the State of Israel, support that we highly value.

EIBN will form a powerful force promoting truth, peace, compassion, and the desire of God-fearing peoples to share their lives and harmony toward a brighter future."

EIBN is affiliated with the Jerusalem Prayer Team, a national organization Olmert helped launch in Texas last June, and which he co-chairs with Jerusalem Post publisher Tom Rose and others.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.