Hi all. I'm a retail investor with about 1 years experience. I'm...

1. 91 Posts.
    Hi all. I'm a retail investor with about 1 years experience. I'm keen to learn the ropes and cease being shark food. So far I've been fortunate enough to not incur any losses, but I'm now realising how vulnerable I am by not being able to use TA.

I'm getting a lot of benefit from reading Stockbrokerbarbie's basic advice on charts recently.

I'm looking for some books you gals/guys found really useful on TA when you were starting out. As with any field, sometimes it's a long process of trial and error before you actually find educational material that is explained simply and concisely and really teaches you the most important aspects of a topic.

Something that starts about the level stockbrokerbarbie has been posting up would be ideal.

I want to start by learning how to safely and effectively use stop-losses and how to identify basic patterns on charts and use them to my advantage.

If any of you could refer me to a good source that you found useful when you were starting out, I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,

gobble

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.