GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Read the press clipping itself, not the summary. Healyn has...

1. 1,335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    Read the press clipping itself, not the summary. Healyn has posted this in a post and is critically important to all, not just me, in terms of understanding what is going on. Most important to me is this quote:

"S&P's criteria for including or excluding companies has long puzzled some observers, but is largely based on the amount of stock available to be traded, the size of the company, and the AVERAGE NUMBER OF TRADES IN THE STOCK DAILY (my caps)."

This would answer the question as to whether or not all the bot trading is designed to make the company eligible or not. Questionable in terms of its ethics to me, but it does explain it.

But do read the piece. Further down it says, "Entry into the ASX200 and 300 is important because, according to asset consultant Mercer, about $250billion of funds is mandated against those indices, meaning if fund managers don't hold stocks that are in the index, it is more of a bet for them."

Again, thanks so much healyn for the great find. ST

http://www.galaxyresources.com.au/documents/DOCMediaClips100308Timetomassageindexpositions.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.