EGA 0.00% 52.0¢ egan street resources limited

Hi Davisite,Thought that I would post my reply to your email...

1. 3,607 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1067
    Hi Davisite,
    Thought that I would post my reply to your email here for all to see rather than a private email, although I will respect your privacy in regard to some details that you shared.
    With the falling away of the SLR SP (no surprise since considered overvalued by knowlegeable posters anyway) the value of SLR's offer has obviously diminished and so we can expect increased negativity towards their offer.
    I have witnessed a number of takeovers whereby the target company (EGA in this case) remains listed because the 90% threshold has not been reached and the company has gone on to provide a much higher return than the takeover offer would have provided. In this case, because the offer is only in SLR scrip, we need to decide if SLR has better prospects than EGA on its own. I know that you are adverse to becoming an SLR shareholder while in my case I retain a small holding following the DRM takeover, after selling down with the subsequent lift in the SLR share price.
    On the whole, I prefer to retain EGA as a separate entity and receive the full value of Rothesay rather than have it merged into SLR's overall activity.
    As you say, obtaining an agreement with SLR to process Rothesay ore at the Deflector facility could be advantageous and if they achieve a controlling interest without a buy-out, then this is a likely outcome. Of course, they could then "screw" the rest of us who remain as EGA shareholders by imposing a high processing cost.
    I seem to have lost your earlier emails but if I remember correctly, any action through the Takeovers Panel had to be initiated within a certain timeframe. I think this is still the preferred route since it provides better awareness to shareholders and opportunity to put forward the issues against the take-over, as well as imposing a delay in the SLR action.
    Nevertheless, if you are not able to take the lead role in this, then the lesser avenue of mailing out to shareholders is the next best action. Regrettably, I am not in a position to help with this.
    Hopefully, someone comes forward to make the Takeovers Panel action happen, or else the postal campaign.
    Thanks again for your initiative and involvement with everything thus far.
    Jogo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.