AGS 0.00% 17.5¢ alliance resources limited

egm and clause 23, page-2

1. 2,336 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 213
    Yes sis I am still holding thru' the pain of it all as are the Top 20.
    Very interesting turn of events for AGS to allow the 3 year term on the proportional takeover and seek a vote on a renewed 3 year term........
    The current constitution of the Company, including clause 23 (entitled Proportional Takeover Bids), was adopted by
    the Company at the Annual General Meeting held on 23 November 2006. Clause 23.8 provides that clause 23
    ceases to have effect on the third anniversary of the date of its adoption or of its most recent renewal. The present
    position is that clause 23 ceased to apply on 23 November 2009.
    A. Special Resolution
    To consider and, if thought fit, pass the following resolution as a special resolution:
    Resolution 1: Renewal of proportional takeover provisions of constitution
    THAT in accordance with section 648G(4) of the Corporations Act 2001, the proportional takeover approval provisions
    contained in clause 23 of the constitution of the Company be renewed for a period of three (3) years from Wednesday,
    10 February 2010.

I remember back in Nov 2006 the board were afraid of a hostile takeover and closed a loop-hole in the constitution of the company.

Surely the BOD's are not that stupid that they would allow this condition to lapse unless there is vcery good rewason for it?
    Anyways no matter which way us little people vote it is IG who has the ultimate say with his 25.76% share holding and nothing will happen without his approval.

GL all holders maybe they have let this lapse for a reason unbeknown to us faithful shareholders (little wonder the saying 'do not fall in love with your shres')

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.