DMC 0.00% 30.0¢ design milk co limited

egm - voting process, page-9

1. 1,396 Posts.
    as i understand it, anyone thats already voted via mail/proxy prior to the day, can still attend the EGM and be 1 of the 5 ppl that raise hands to move for the POLL voting process if its required on the day.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Votes counted are those sent in by proxy or in attendance at the meeting, however on a show of hands vote each person gets one vote no matter how many shares they hold.

The vote is put to those in attendance first however sometimes a meeting will go straight to a poll.

If it dosent

After the show of hands vote, 5 or more shareholders ( irrespective of how many people are in attendance), or the chairman, can request that a poll be taken, and at that time each share counts for one vote (ie the more shares you hold, the bigger your vote).

The vote on a poll overrides the vote on a show of hands if there is a different outcome.

When calculating the % you use the number of people in attendance on a show of hands, and on a poll you use the number of shares held by those in attendance PLUS those lodged by proxy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

it seems the chairman has an option if he desires:

to initially choose for SHOW OF HANDS voting method or the POLL method for the count process.

we dont know until the day which vote method the chairman will opt for. but the rules state if SHOW OF HANDS METHOD used:

then after that VOTE, 5 shareholders that must be present at EGM, can move to ask for a POLL vote. so if 5 ppl stand up and say they want POLL vote then the chairman/company must count numbers of shares IE: attendees share numbers PLUS proxy vote papers. counted in terms of NUMBER of SHARES not numbers of ppl.

when a POLL method occurs POLL vote supercedes or overrides SHOW OF HANDS method.

the 5 ppl we require at EGM are needed only to select the METHOD of the vote process, if we require it.

i dont think its relevent whether u pre-voted or intend to vote at the mtg. if ur a registered holder then u are able to contribute on the day in terms of selecting the METHOD of the vote count.

If u attend u must be a holder urself in ur name/ or have neccessary authorisation paperwork to be able to act on the behalf of holding name other then your own.

i have had a couple of responses already would appreciate some more, plz email [email protected] if ur:

1: voting on the day NO or have already voted NO to both resolutions via mail
    2: able to attend the EGM in melbourne Crown Promenade Hotel, 8 Whitman st, southbank VIC 10am 29th July.

thanks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.