EGR 3.33% 15.5¢ ecograf limited

HI Names,Yes, I can see the cup and handle pattern you are...

1. 382 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    HI Names,
    Yes, I can see the cup and handle pattern you are talking about. But I'll digress from what I was going to say by first saying there are 2 "smaller" cup and handle patterns that have already completed successfully within the larger pattern you are waiting on the handle for. Can you see them?

Hi @Wilma85, I don't really use moving averages (or cup and handle) or most other technical indicators. I use a combo of VSA along with simple support, resistance and trends. When I do see a technical indicator (like a cup and handle for instance), I will inevitably ask myself if VSA is in agreement with the chart pattern.

A bit of a disclaimer first: I really have my own unorthodox style of chart reading. I don't use most of the common chart reading patterns or rules. Mine is a mishmash of this and that and it has worked for me for several years now.
    So here is the daily chart. I didn't initially use the daily as I found the weekly more immediately informative from the way I read charts. But upon closer inspection, the daily has a story to tell too.
    See where I placed the red cross-hair? It is that long bar and the 4 shorter bars after it that are currently controlling the chart. Those bars basically absorbed all the shares for sale at that price point. This high volume absorption got tested by the relatively low volumes at the bottom of the cup. So this chart is showing 6.3c as a pretty strong support area but compare that to the weekly which is showing me 7.4c as support. The price might still go sideways for a while and I won't mind that as I like seeing accumulation before any up move in prices. I like the slow and steady increase in the weekly chart as it is showing me any up-move might be sustained for longer.

Cheers

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2454/2454092-4a65ad39e14d92ad3b1a3ec487a704d4.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
0.005(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $70.37M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.5¢ 15.5¢ 14.0¢ $119.0K 821.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7143 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 4000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
14.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 12.5 %)
Open High Low Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.0¢ 103557
Last updated 15.47pm 29/04/2024 ?
EGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.