ETM 7.41% 2.5¢ energy transition minerals ltd

Dull, I've never read such a complete load of cobblers. I'm...

1. 71 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    Dull, I've never read such a complete load of cobblers. I'm going to call BS on this. You do not need to give Jeffries a lesson, he is correct. Your lecturing tone is absurd when you make such elementary errors as "UG stands for micro grams which are 1000th of a gram".

Micrograms are NOT 1000th of a gram. That would be milligrams. 1000μg = 1mg, 1000mg = 1g.

Jeffries is also correct about the concentration of flouride ions in toothpaste, it is ~1450ppm, not 1.4ppm as you claim. If you need another citation, here is a reputable one from the British National Health Service.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fluoride/

"Toothpastes containing 1,350 to 1,500ppm fluoride are the most effective. Your dentist may advise you to use higher-strength toothpaste if you or your child is at particular risk of tooth decay."

Equally, feel free to go and read what it says on the tube.

Jeffries has not confused parts per million with micro-grams.

Moreover, these numbers refer to parts per million of fluoride, not sodium fluoride. A toothpaste containing 1450ppm fluoride will contain 0.31% w/w NaF. This is because for every part of F you have a corresponding part of Na, which is slightly heavier. You need to be careful with your percentages. Yes, 2% Villiaumite (mind your spelling too, since we are playing scientist) is 20,000ppm NaF (Villiaumite is just the name of a naturally occurring crystal of NaF). But it is only 10000 ppm F-, since we aren't counting the Sodium (NaF contains one atom of each).

Parts per million is the better figure to use when discussing the presence of NaF in a pile of rock. % w/w works well for toothpaste, since the NaF is dissolved in a fluid. So sticking to PPM, for Kvanefjeld, assiming your 2%-5% Villiaumite figure is correct (I honestly can't be bothered checking everything you say, it would be endless), we can say that the overall concentration of flouride ions in the Kvanefjeld tenement is 10,000ppm to 25,000ppm. So that is between 7 and 17 times higher than toothpaste.

This entire debate however seems to me to be entirely specious. It does not matter whether someone can poison themselves picking up a rock and eating it. NaF dissolves into water as easily as instant coffee, it would be unheard of at the surface. What matters is that there is some within the rock formations, and when you dig it up and crush it, water will leach the NaF out. This water will then have a high concentration of dissolved ions. And this IS a problem. But there are plenty of ways of dealing with it.

Enough already. Hotcopper needs more factcheckers. This is a lousy debate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.5¢
Change
-0.002(7.41%)
Mkt cap ! $35.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.6¢ 2.7¢ 2.5¢ $41.47K 1.638M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 298750 2.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 176931 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.5¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 7.41 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.5¢ 2.5¢ 2.5¢ 85328
Last updated 10.30am 14/06/2024 ?
ETM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.