Eid al-Fitr, page-106

1. 27,732 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Thomas wa29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”s simply repeating what he had heard Jesus say earlier ->

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Example of what Jesus is meaning here;2 Cor 6:16 - And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

No, what Thomas said is not just a repeat of what he had heard earlier.
    28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!” This response runs deeper than what Thomas heard earlier which is confirmed by Jesus's response.
    29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
    Surely, if Thomas was wrong Jesus would have corrected him rather than affirming what he said.

Thomes would also have been aware of the trial in which Jesus was found guilty of blasphemy - claiming to be God.

Last edited by whereu: 22/05/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.