XJO 0.93% 7,889.6 s&p/asx 200

el capo's - love in friday

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Morning Trendsetters

My Dad 1963.

The old man taking over - in the Golden Shears NZ 1963.

In keeping with the personal flavour from yesterday's forum. I'm starting with the old man. He Passed away many years ago but last night I was having a peek in his old shaving kit, and something fell out that affected me deeply.

He was definitley a trendsetter XJO'ers. He was a gun shearer and is in the Hay Shearers's hall of fame. He invented the shearing technique that is used widely today (Tally Hi) It was efficient and gained Australian farmers added value for their exports. The Australian Workers Union sent thugs after him quite a few times after his touring demonstrations and he had escaped through windows. He would have found that fun. (Wasn't someone your old man knew was it Volt?:)

He won many shearing championships including five Australian Titles, was a Golden Shears Winner in 1963 and held World Shearing Record in 1965 of shearing 346 Merinos. He held the world record for narrow combs on Merinos for over a decade.

Taking the lead

What's this to do with the XJO. Not much - apart from the trendsetter bit. I thought some may be interested as the wool industry and gun shearing was a huge part of Autralian history.

Fact: A gun shearer burns more calories in a day than a Tour de France rider

Which brings us to our sentimental soul of the day.

Some say that he has to pee into the wind because if it was downwind, it would go all the way around the world and hit him in the back...and that he doesn't swagger, he hunches because his testiculars are so heavy.

All we know is that is that he's our...

Les Patterson, or as we in the know, know him... El Capo

'No vvg, you sounded like a complete nancy. The more I read the more I started dry wretching. And then reading through the thread, if this isn't the soppiest love-in to ever hit the Hotcopper forum it's gotta be close'. El Capo

Thanks for bringing us all closeer Les.

oops, nearly forgot. What fell out of the old mans shaving kit... his whiskers.

Happy trading Trendies

PS Acouch - great to see you posting more.

Voltaire - your old man? Details?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.