ELD 3.14% $8.86 elders limited

This isn’t what I said. Many people dislike &/or have an...

1. 5,128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3118
    This isn’t what I said.

Many people dislike &/or have an aversion to milk.
    Many people develop sensitivity to milk , lactose as they get older into adulthood.
    You got to heed this, your body or you doesn’t like it or want it.

Huge % of the world population is lactose intolerant, consume very little dairy, even seem to have lower requirements for calcium than our guidelines esp for what western women.recommended to consume for daily calcium intake.
    True that eg.,Chinese don’t maybe need as high calcium intake. Yet their levels are fine, (This has to be variations through history can think?)

I didn’t say what you are saying -as slant of my post,
    I added milks in as additional .
    Imo I agree oats milks are not great & soy based also - you will be well-researched for you perhaps.
    Coconut milk is even preferred by some nutritionists.

But what is true is that animal sourced protein , provides optimally , more what we need compared to ‘product ‘ type plant- based foods.
    Much as I also like cauliflower as alternative to cereal based foods or rice at all.

And dairy also, whole milk is a whole food more, than any alternatives ,& fruit juices are certainly not healthy beverage choices, nor provide broad nutritional minerals and vitamins compared to milk or dairy. But they give a lot of calories- calorie for calorie not greatly dissimilar.

A few decades ago we had a big fruit juice movement & pastas / cereals and grains elevated up in consumption. Low fat diets but high carbs & sugars actually.
    And not so balanced compared to meat and 3 vege (+/- a glass of milk , doesn’t matter , many ways to eat and broad cultural differences)
    We also were getting unhealthy kids with high sugars consumption and preferences in taste being formed.

Humans quickly develop a taste for sugar. It is like kryptonite to our taste buds and esp small humans tastes.
    Evolution seems to be that we designed to sure up energy and store it for the frequent times of famine.
    Into the last 1000 years, very recently, regular famine was usual in all European / African civilisations, the world likely.
    Wheat and grain was a staple but could miss harvests and at least one year in 10 years was very severe. Grain in many forms stored up, for basic energy staple feed. Protein, from animals, precious and always was important.

Only was answering the previous poster quickly.

We are not starving now & people can determine how to gain enough for their nutritional needs without meat and dairy

However - this trend, casual consumption plant - based foods instead of meat , also and instead of traditional dairy, is being recorded as now an issue wrt insufficient nutritional intake key vitamins even and minerals

In the US- kids who nutritionally very poor though not underweight.

Everyone can work out what they want and feel best is for them to eat and drink.
    Made as clever alternatives to meat- ‘products’ , important as difficult for everyone to eat meat ongoing as easily as once when raised our own, But issues is all if not overall balanced diet.

Apologies- you are fine I am sure

Last edited by Aqua65: 09/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.