TFC 7.42% $1.31 tfs corporation limited

Hi Lord,I too have looked at the survival rates of the trees and...

1. 104 Posts.
    Hi Lord,

I too have looked at the survival rates of the trees and frankly aren't that concerned. Whilst you correctly pointed out that earlier plantations had low survival rates - since 2004, survival rates have been at 70% or above albiet well below PDS projections. In fact the weighted average survival rate for the plantations not including 2009 is 74% with improving trends.

I know you have concerns about this rate dropping with age, but this is not necessarily correct given that the 2000 project still has survival rates exceeding 70%.

Early project survival rates, tree growth and yield, have been massively effected by :insect damage, issues with host species (initially using African Mahogany etc) and weed control.

TFS have improved their plantation management techniques to reduce the above issues - including changing plantation designs, new host trees, implementing drip irrigation etc so I think we can safely say they are getting better at what they do.

The results of the early plantations are sure to disappoint but I believe they will prove the model - in that Indian Sandalwood can be successfully be grown in a planation and with better planation techniques in the later projects the returns from the investment can only improve.

Cheers
    NZsly

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TFC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.