I expect conservatives to get the most % share of vote, Liberals...

1. 262 Posts.
    I expect conservatives to get the most % share of vote, Liberals and Labour quite tight in second and third. However, its highly likely Labour will get the most Seats due to the benefit dependents in the big city's.

Hence it comes down to whoever the Liberals do a deal with. Traditionally i expect them to do a deal with Labour as per 1974 but probably make a deal to remove Brown in order to win the liberals backing. I'd expect that assuming a hung parliament theres no way the country could run very well and as per 1974 it would be merely a matter of months before they'd have to hold a new election (by which time the liberals would have made sure the dirty laundry was aired). If this happens the country will be in such a mess that the conservatives will get in later in the year through the back door.

As for the markets.... Well If the conservatives win outright the pound should rally as will the UK markets. Any other result and the pound will fall and markets will do the same.

A very difficult election to call...but based on the hung parliament scenario i think it will get messy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.