TLS 2.81% $3.81 telstra group limited

Election Outcome impact on the shareprice, page-46

1. 9,699 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    Because fttp was not commercial and access price would have been controlled by the accc.Thats y tls didn't bother with tender.
    I have plenty of respect for trujillo ,he wanted to build a fttn,back then i suspect he understood as technology developments continue there would b a efficient and absolutely more economical selection to connect the so called last mile as the cost of connecting each premise directly to fibre was not viable basically stupid..
    My house alone ie one house is connected by copper ie copper runs down the street thru a pipe up the power pole then hanging and connected to the premise,not to mention regional premises.
    I don't require the speed of fttp,but to connect just my house with fibre would require going under a brick wall ,under paving then a complicated connection to the premise.Thats one house.During which time fttc has been developed,but every time a new technology for connecting the last mile is developed nbn can't just say stop the roll out and switch to fttc.
    imo this is y tls's fttn supported by a new fibre national network makes sense and is very efficient,and for last mile much cheaper technology developments are becoming clear such as fttc.
    5g is still a developing technology in providing mobile connectivity for the last mile and whether there is demand considering the cost and then there is the problem of wiring a premise with real 5g.
    ps that extra $30b could buy plenty of priority infrastructure as selected by infrastructure australia and the productivity comission,not by some politician with a phd in political science.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.81
Change
-0.110(2.81%)
Mkt cap ! $44.02B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.87 $3.88 $3.76 $126.1M 32.99M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4845 $3.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.81 715754 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.