election sleeper could unseat howard, page-6

1. 27,344 Posts.
    I know a bloke that had a greater income than me a few years ago with similar debt and let me tell you that my house is paid off while he is looking for extra work to keep up the payments. Why then is his house not paid off?

"But if John Howard wants credit that he
    didn't earn and doesn't deserve for the
    mining boom, if he gets stuck with blame
    he didn't earn and doesn't dererve for
    housing being unaffordable for many
    young Australians - tough titties!"

1st you are acknowledging that this country is doing very well financially under Howard and a mining boom.... fair enough.... But then you put words into Howards mouth buy saying he is taking credit for the mining boom.
    The current team of Libs have always used the same rhetoric line that they have pride in what they have achieved as economic managers.

Just as I proved by paying off my own home, the amount of money this country has received due to a mining boom means nothing if you cannot control your spending.

But let's face it, most arguments towards Howard are seeded in a basic dislike for the man because after 11 years at the top he couldn't keep that person happy all the time.
    I'm ready for Rudd if/when he wins.... even if he was too twisted to openly and clearly state on national television last night that he will provide Aboriginals with a full unconditional apology.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.