Election winner must fix up housing issue, page-15

1. 18,518 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 276

It isn't being cool, obtuse or ignorant... this is life.

Why didn't your parents go buy in inner Sydney or Bondi beach back in the late 70's, ohh maybe cause they couldn't afford it and moved to the western suburbs where they can. They were smart, they had family values over "entitlement" values of society today.

Now you have grown up and you are in your parents shoes, it is time to be head strong to know you can not afford to live inner city, you can not afford to live western suburbs it is time to go to a place where you can afford.

Myself and my partner did the same thing. We wanted to live within 5km of the city, our bank balance/deposit nor income didn't allow for it so we started looking for places a couple of suburbs away to where we wanted too. We could have afforded it but then we also saw that only just another 5 mins away from those suburbs we could afford we could get the same house, bigger land for 100-200K less again.

So what did we do, we moved 10kms from where "we would have liked to live" to be more financially stable and secure if interest rates were to rise. We didn't complain we couldn't afford the 5km inner circle ring, we didn't spruk that there was a housing crisis cause richer older people had more money than us. We accepted that the inner 5km circle was not us at that particular time in life. We moved to an area where we still could pay our mortgage, renovate, add additions, create an homely home, bank savings and enjoy holidays each year cause the money was not all going to the bank to a place we couldn't afford in the first place.

Sure you can try and "keep up with the Jones's" with your friends/family etc... but in reality no one gives a shit. I don't care what next door does, they do them, we do us.

You live your life to what you can afford, or else you can just be judgemental of everyone else cause you think they have it better than you.
    Last edited by roaminoz: 23/05/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.