LYC 0.77% $6.56 lynas rare earths limited

The US elections are looming and while Australia politics are...

1. 1,269 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1924
    The US elections are looming and while Australia politics are interesting, I am afraid that Oz doesn’t hold a candle to the US when it comes to the daily back and forth between the political candidates. For those Aussies interested, it would appear that there will be two candidates in the US elections, Joe Biden who is the current US president, representing the Democratic party and Donald Trump who is a former US president and the Republican party representative…

The current US polls show both candidates are about equal and it would appear that the election (November 2024) will be a closely contested event. While I am officially registered as an independent voter, the truth is I don’t particularly like either candidate…

Most political leaders argue the traditional issues like immigration, the economy and women’s rights, while paying little attention to climate change. Currently there is a high pressure dome sitting over the central and eastern section of the US setting record temperatures nearly every day. There are extraordinary heat warnings in most states and record flooding is occurring in other areas. Even the most seasoned weather reporters are acknowledging and warning of the impending changes…

Interestingly enough, I just finished an interesting article (sorry, no link) which discussed the fact that we still have time to reverse the buildup of carbon in the atmosphere. It seems that reducing carbon dioxide emissions reverses the ill effects of carbon and helps return things quickly to “normal"... New carbon capture and storage technology (CCS) and advanced rare earth technologies utilizing sodium cooled (Thorium) reactors and molten salt caverns (to store energy to be used as needed), are on the horizon…

Central to the effort to mitigate climate change will be rare earths and other critical materials. It is pretty clear that we know where we are headed as far as emerging technologies and we are at the point where utilization of these technologies is paramount…

Bottom line, things are much hotter than they ever have been and people are beginning to take note. Our politicians need to realize that we still have a good chance to migrate climate change through emerging and existing technologies but we must move quickly to implement these changes…

When the politicians finally realize our environment is more important than a vote, Lynas will be a key player in leading the change and the financial implications for Lynas are considerable. Perhaps ownership of a RE company in a stable, mineral rich country just might not be a bad investment after all… JMHO…

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.