Green Folly as part of the header to this thread is a bit...

1. 28,426 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    Green Folly as part of the header to this thread is a bit harsh.

The EV revolution has made some great progress over the last 20-30 years with the opportunities (imo) of advancing this fledgling industry being very good.

This cold snap highlighted some inadequacies in this particular design but that doesn’t mean much when looking at the big picture.
    All cars/vehicles are built to a standard based on a criteria of operating conditions and it isn’t surprising that when they’re faced with working at the extremes of design some may have issues.

Events like these shouldn’t be seen as the reason why ev buses are failed technology, they are just not as good yet as what they have replaced in these conditions.

The one thing I’m sure of is that incidents like this one will be taken into account in future designs and improvements will follow.

Removing/reducing numbers of ICE vehicles from high density population areas is a good thing, I believe.
    Air quality is an important issue in these areas and that is the reason why I support the idea of moving forward on EV transport systems.
    I don’t think we have reached a point where it can only be one or the other systems of transport because the EV’s haven’t evolved far enough to cover what the IV’s can do today.

I have a similar opinion on the debate between renewable energy production V fossil fuel energy production.
    The idea that we have made enough advancements to discard the old systems, replace them and live happily ever after is a fairy tale at this point.
    Nothing wrong with striving to achieve this goal but the science and engineering required /needed to replace ff’s totally has a way to go regardless of how insistent some people may be.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.