There has to be a start and a period of time where the new...

1. 28,230 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    There has to be a start and a period of time where the new technology gains a footing, just like those two you mentioned. EV’s are expensive and while they do work, they don’t reach the levels needed to be a viable alternative to ICE vehicles everywhere but they are viable to a degree, especially for public transport in high density areas.

That’s why I talk about a “transitional period” when discussing the future.

Some here seem to be in a state of panic due to their beliefs in MMCO2 and potential horrors of using ff will destroy our way of life while others see the same thing happening by the push into forcing the world into using unreliable alternatives to ff energy generation.
    Neither position is completely wrong, we need to move on from our reliance on ff and we wouldn’t be very smart to procrastinate to much but believing that our present technology related to renewables can totally replace the old systems is over estimating how big a challenge it will be to reach the point where we can disconnect from ff.

Of course, this is only what I think and it doesn’t really support either end of the spectrum because I believe that we always should be looking to improve our technology and understanding of our world but shouldn’t be approaching the need to improve our knowledge based on panic and supported by consensus rather than proper scientific process.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.