Electric cars not the best option, page-1629

1. 1,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    Yes Pepper, I am aware of those news items and I actually believe it is worthwhile investing in hydrogen technology R&D, since I can imagine that there will be some niche applications for hydrogen.

Happy to have a discussion as to why I do not believe hydrogen is going to win out over EV.

However, I ask you the same questions I previously posted to HHOgas ....for which I am yet to receive a response:

1.) Are you currently driving a hydrogen car - even if it is just as part of a trial - or do you have a particular hydrogen car in mind that you would one day like to drive? I'd be interested in what make or model you are eying?

2.) In your opinion, which car manufacturer is the clear market leader with hydrogen technology - the one you are following and rooting for?

3.) As an avid supporter of hydrogen technology - and looking at some of your posting history, as a fellow free market capitalist - what are your thoughts on hydrogen technology receiving government funding support? I note that for decades Australia has been a world leader in the development and installation - alas not in the manufacture - of PV solar systems. Do you think hydrogen and PV solar ought to be treated equally, as far as government subsidies are concerned?

4.) What sort of realistic penetration rates do you expect to see for hydrogen powered vehicles in Australia by 2025 2030 and 2050? What are you actually shooting for - just ballpark numbers, so I can understand what you actually believe is realistically achievable/desirable ?

5.) Which nation do you consider to be the leading example for hydrogen car technology and what sort of realistic penetration rates do you expect to see for hydrogen powered vehicles in that country by 2025 2030 and 2050? I note that in the article you quoted it says that even if the Infinite Blue Energy plant gets up and running (as well as all other plants currently announced), they are likely to only generate 3,000 tonnes of hydrogen per annum by 2025: According to a new report produced by ANT Energy Solutions and backed by the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA), provided it continues only with the existing initiatives announced, Australia will produce less than 3,000 tonnes of green hydrogen per annum by 2025. That is to say, to meet the ACIL Allen mid-case, Australia will need to scale up production capacity by 160x in the next five years.

6.) How much hydrogen do you estimate Australia will generate by 2025 - 3,000 tonnes only? and how realistic do you think the 500,000 tonnes per annum production target for 2030 is?

7.) Given HotCopper is an investment forum, I'd be interested if you are invested in any companies that are promoting hydrogen technology? If so, which ones? I might like to have a look at that investment opportunity.

Interested in your thoughts Pepper!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.