Although I am a massive Tesla bull for the long term, I sold out...

1. 1,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    Although I am a massive Tesla bull for the long term, I sold out most of mine before the massive share price rally over recent months. Perhaps the most costly investment mistake I have made during my lifetime... really really funny! I was hoping to trade the volatility and just at a time when I had sold a few too many, the share price just took off and I did not dare to wade back in. My current exposure is fairly meaningless in the grand scheme of things

Anyway, having listened to the podcast that acorn provided in his recent post, I am happy to concede that perhaps there will be some niche applications for hydrogen, but I think we are talking about the very long term and a lot of thing shave to fall into place politically, for hydrogen technology to have a fighting chance against other forms of renewable energy.

Woodside and BHP commitment to hydrogen? Might be FOMO more than conviction driven, but I do not know. Not sufficient investment on their part relative to other parts of their business to make them a hydrogen play.

Not sure if I agree with your logic of drawing parallels between hydrogen to EV... could be more a case of Beta vs VHS. But yes, there might be some niche applications - not in passenger transport, not in light truck segment - where hydrogen one day could become an option.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.