We're funny beasts, we humans.If you're really good at sport or...

1. 36,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    We're funny beasts, we humans.

If you're really good at sport or not too bad at acting or music, you can become incredibly famous and celebrated.

If you're someone like Prof Green, who I'm sure is celebrated among is peers, then you just quietly work away getting the job done.

One of the outstanding features of Green is his determination. He has been at this a long time and fortunately for him, he has been very successful. Fromm which we are all benefiting.

There are thousands ( maybe millions ? ) of people that have made a big difference by their contributions to the scientific world that we will never know the names of. Ones that work for rubbish wages and conditions in many cases.

It's a bit of a shame that these people aren't better recognised and in particular, supported.

I think the internet is helping a lot here. Not only is it linking the scientific community, it is making geeks cool. Such as Elon Musk.

The more kids we can get into science and innovation, the better I reckon. smile.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.