Electric cars not the best option, page-3175

1. 84,139 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    If wishes were horses, beggars would ride

I can't remember your background Pinto, but car batteries should be called by their proper name IE chemical generators with the inherent physical, safety, weight and laws of physics
    To call it a battery only describe its physical construction not it's ability

You will never hear me say that electric vehicles are not great to drive. Engineering wise they allow for better design and better performance and also the manufacturing costs should be fr lower that IC vehicles

But the fuel for the power supply has been attacked for the last 100 years to try and find a better version and wishing does not make that fuel supply any closed to match what fossil fuels can provide and what our society is now accustomed to expect

"But the fuel for the power supply has been attacked for the last 100 years to try and find a better version and wishing does not make that fuel supply any closed to match what fossil fuels can provide and what our society is now accustomed to expect"

morning kp
    I assume you mean by fuel - either ff or the sun or whatever
    well, I think that 100 years ago - I probably wouldn't have had a lot of trouble selling some solar panels and a few LA batteries - with a few led lights and maybe a 100 Litre car fridge to outback stations.
    to me - well - with a small to medium EV right now - in a reasonably sunny place and definitely a sunny facing car port - one can cover the roof and facing wall in solar panels - park the EV under it - plug er in and never buy fuel again
    that's a pretty big leap IMO
    surely from here on - it's merely development
    am I missing something?

hope you're well ----------- P
    Last edited by pintohoo: 23/05/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.