Yes I agree with most of what you say. I embrace the new tech...

1. 3,254 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126
    Yes I agree with most of what you say. I embrace the new tech when it makes sense. I was on solar in the 80s. Longer than most solar companies have been in business.
    I just dont like the way people like musk continuously lie to the public. The problem with that is that some of us come from an engineering back ground and can see straight through it. When he launched the power wall and claimed it was suitable for off grid I wrote them an email and pointed out the reality of the crap he was sprouting. Not even an acknowledgement. Ignorant arsehole.
    Then they increased the capacity by 40% and the price accordingly. They didn't put that in the news
    I can guarantee that in 10 years I will still have an ice car. An old toyota that they claimed would do 600,000kms, The truth is they do 1 million kms.
    The reality once again, is that I did a trip last week 650kms in a day bringing back a 1 tonne load and then worked 3 hrs in the garden when I got back.
    When practical reality gets here I will change over.
    In the mean time this is the reality of your ev once it runs out of fuel.....Nothing wrong with the cars..... they have just run out of fuel!
    How old are they? How does this help the environment....(thats their argument isnt it?) Cant even recycle the batteries.....
    The harsh reality is that evs have been around for over 100 years and they are still only 1% of cars on the road.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3204/3204894-87bff682f7a2e09248b094e9dcf60047.jpg

Last edited by lucky 992: 24/05/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.