The EV or a variant is the future, I still prefer an ICE powered...

1. 1,695 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 227
    The EV or a variant is the future, I still prefer an ICE powered car for some of my driving, at the extreme end of driving enjoyment the ICE will be hard to beat, shifting gears, noise etc, and currently there isn’t an EV that comes close.

With more and more restrictions manufacturers will obviously pull the pin on ICE development which is a shame in many ways but it is what it is.

Personally I wouldn’t mind an EV for my daily use, I’d be interested in the F-150 or something similar, we will see a long transition into the EV being the only transport for the majority of Australian’s (in my opinion) although most households have two cars anyway.

The comparison I put up was from my personal experience of what’s up there as the best of both the EV and ICE options currently available, the EV doesn’t really compare irrespective of the entry point, no gear shifts, no noise, not very entertaining, a lot will prefer that, a lot won’t.

I’m not really interested in a two tonne car that’ll hit 100km/h in under 2 seconds but I’m sure many will be and it’ll be fun in it’s own quirky way, I have no doubt that 60k EV’s will be as quick as a current supercar in a few years too.

Governments may be elected by the majority but that still leaves a significant amount of folk who don’t agree, it’s based on a more than one policy too and not everyone will agree with every decision/policy but will still vote them in, ultimately because it’s going to suit their bottom line, not because of an environmental stand.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.