Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus. It cost me $65k on 5 year...

1. 86 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus. It cost me $65k on 5 year finance at 3.9%. i think you can get this model with better range for $62k now.

I reckon my fuel costs are pretty negligible. $10 to fill up at home assuming i buy all electricity from the grid or free if from solar. $20 or often free to fill up on the road. Service costs have been $0. Tires will be the same as ICE. Brake pads will be much much less as most braking is regenerative and actual brakes rarely used.

Rego was free for 1st year and then I assume same as ICE. Insurance seems expensive but maybe it's just because it's a $65k car and im comparing it to our 2011 Hyundai.

Hard to compare total cost of ownership. Certainly its more than the Hyundai but that's comparing a very nice new car with a pretty ordinary old car. I often rent cars when traveling and have been in new Toyota's, BMWs etc. Compared to the Tesla they feel like an absolute piece of shht. So I'd argue total cost of ownership is much much less than an equivalent ICE. Lower or same upfront cost, ongoing costs much lower.

Resale on Tesla's is ridiculously high so i think the EV wins on depreciation and amy concern around battery degredation.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.