Electric cars not the best option, page-3367

1. 83,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I think that the next ??? 5 years will be interesting -

we'll have some great tech and options available

the race I see is not so much for EV's or EV conversions -

the real race is the move to Self Drives -

I can see that within not too many years at all - if it's not self drive - it's going to be banned

I've no idea how that will go for conversions and classics

perhaps conversions will be almost as simple - I don't know - probably really -- can't see why not - but, it's going to be a different ball game - or different level.

IMO - the self drive change will come at amazing speed - I suspect it will catch most of us by real shock and surprise

there will be multiple drivers for it ------- eg. cost, insurance, convenience, structures - ie. no need for any parking at home at all - be it on site or on street, then - finally and I suggest very rapidly - legislation

if we think - 'oh, governments will not rapidly legislate for the banning of human driven cars' ------- I say -

wanna bet?

look at how they are falling over themselves to ban the sale of fossil fuel cars in multiple developed nations now - right now - with banning of sales in times as short as a decade or so - or a bit over -

big serious nations like the UK -

when we see that ------------- there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that they will do the same with banning human drivers -- due to safety issues alone

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.