Electric cars not the best option, page-24

1. 10,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Is this all tongue in cheek?

Have you looked at the McDonald outlets putting them in ??... (buy a burger whilst your car is charging)

Provided you take a couple of hours to eat your burger! I haven't seen any Maccas with EV chargers in the car park.

Have you looked up the number of charge stations in Australia ??

I actually have and could not find any "dedicated" charging stations. Only caravan parks and servo's with wall type powered outlets, no "fast" chargers in sight. But at $2 - $4k to have one wired in what would you have to charge to get your money back?

Have you looked up the home charging arrangements ??

Unless you have money to burn and can afford to buy a "fast charger" for a few grand you are stuck with a wall socket and 8 - 10 hours to charge. Certainly not all batteries will be dead flat when plugged in to a 240v 15amp outlet, but still will take several hours to re charge.

If anybody has bothered to travel long distance recently they will find that many country Service Stations have been closing across the country as air fares have come down far enough that it is not economical to drive any more.
    I am sure Bill Shorten hasn't traveled further than the local pie shop so he would not have a clue.

I read of one comment of an outback Caravan Park where they wanted $50.00 "per session" to plug in. Another wanted $10.00 an hour to plug in, so that would equate to around $80.00 every day to keep topped up.

Maybe it will come down, probably not I'd say as the opportunists will be on every corner to catch the suckers in their EV..
    This country is a long long way from being EV friendly...and imo will never be once you leave the city. Meanwhile if you are gutsy enough to hit the road in your EV, make sure you have a very large credit limit on your credit card...lol.

I think I'll stick with petrol thanks...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.