GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Electric cars thread, page-135

1. 1,446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    Ok... get your electric car now... drive it get the benefits etc. Have a car with 2000+ less moving parts, no gear box, no drive-shaft, no radiator, no starter battery, no alternator, no timing belts, no engine oil, no brake pads, etc, etc, etc. And by the time you're ready for new batteries (10+ years) I'd be surprised if the cost of replacement batteries is not cheaper than what they are now because of mass production and scaling efficiencies. Also because of advances a replacement battery should get more range for the same size.

I got a well kept 2nd hand car late last year and at the x00,000K service had to have the timing belt kit fitted. Ker-ching A$500 + A$250 for major service which is basically replacing spark plugs and fluids (oil, auto transmission, brake, radiator). Every time I spend mega $$$$ on my car I keep telling myself "if this was an all electric... this part would not even exist".

We should be pushing the bounds of solar and battery technology to the limit as the paybacks will potentially be an Earth saver.

Just look out when the masses and die-hard petrol-heads catch on as to how good electric will be.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.