LTR 3.76% 96.5¢ liontown resources limited

Yes Toyota certainly spend a decent chunk of that advertising...

1. 2,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 155
    Yes Toyota certainly spend a decent chunk of that advertising budget right here, don't know if it has any bearing on their market share or not. The Tesla marketing model is an interesting one, no advertising (except for Elon on twitter) and no dealer network. Sometimes they are just delivered to you at home after you have paid for it which has caused some grief when customers have noticed a defect and said that they would have never accepted delivery had they seen the car before signing the contact and paying for the car.

I think it was Toyota that looked at Tesla's chips and said "we can't do that" The main problem is that legacy auto have a number of different chips to control various functions of the vehicle, obviously they all have to talk to each other and that adds complexity. I think Tesla put the whole lot, even the self driving stuff on one powerful chip which makes the complete package much simpler than having multiple chips.

And @tretchicoff the current president of Toyota is a Mr Akio Toyoda a descendant of the company founder. Since Toyota was a pioneer with hybrids and hydrogen cars it is interesting that they seem to be lagging so much when it comes to BEVs but they certainly are not the only established car company to be dragged kicking and screaming up to the EV altarsmile.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
96.5¢
Change
0.035(3.76%)
Mkt cap ! $2.340B
Open High Low Value Volume
95.5¢ 98.0¢ 94.0¢ $13.99M 14.56M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 245349 96.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
97.0¢ 330617 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.