RNU 2.41% 8.1¢ renascor resources limited

Electric vehicle sentiment survey, page-71

1. 1,231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2728
    Here’s an interesting BBC Podcast that I thought I’d share here: The slippery situation

Background: Tribology is the science of friction and lubrication. Tribologists spend time working out the data and costs involved that ultimately aim to save money for economies. Therefore, the implications are enormous and their value is being recognised more and more.

In a nutshell, the missing economics in any EV discussion is the cost of fiction over the life of a vehicle, ie, internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles is roughly about '20% maybe more' of the overall energy required that needed to maintain them (see approx.10 minutes in). So, from a Tribologists perspective, when you consider the cost of mechanical wear, including the need to replace parts and dispose of them, and the cost of maintaining the wear and tear of roads, EVs are far more efficient due to having minimal moving parts and being a lighter weight vehicle which creates less road damage and therefore less maintenance. Ultimately, the globally costs savings will be huge. Hence, one of the reasons why EVs shouldn't be taxed in the same way that ICE vehicles are.

Long live the tribologist amongst us!
    Last edited by Mallyrock: 19/01/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.1¢
Change
-0.002(2.41%)
Mkt cap ! $205.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.4¢ 8.1¢ $247.7K 3.013M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 189426 8.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 85953 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.