Electric vehicles and steep windy roads

1. 6,297 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    A mate who harangued me for ages to buy Tesla shares because he believed so much in the idea (he was way right and made a mint) of course has a Tesla car bought with a tiny amount of his winnings. He came from Tamworth but now lives in Cairns. I met with him when he was down seeing family over Xmas and one thing I noticed was that he had driven down from Cairns in his Hilux ute. I didn't say anything to him about that but when he said he was driving over to Coffs Harbour to visit his parents who have retired there he made the comment that "that windy hilly bloody road would chew up too much elektrickery in his slot car" ( as he calls it ). I had not given that much thought till I was in a discussion on HC yesterday about EV's. Now this bloke is many things , he is passionate, smart, usually ahead of the game on most things and above all he is an honest bloke so I give much credit to what he says. Anybody else have experience of this factor ? granted a diesel vehicle uses more fuel on that road so it makes sense that EV's might be the same
    Last edited by enoggera: 24/02/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.